- We can deliver your rental car in Portugal anywhere in the Algarve and Lisbon regions.
- Upon request, we can deliver your car to a Faro or Lisbon address or to a hotel or resort anywhere in the Algarve region. Deliveries in the Lisbon area are subject to a surcharge of € 20.00.
- Our complimentary "rent it here, leave it there" service is available throughout the Algarve area.
- Regarding the age of the driver, to rent cars in Portugal the driver should be at least 25 years old at the beginning of the contract. The maximum age for drivers is 75 years old.
- Your driver's license must be valid in Portugal and held for more than 2 years. Please have all necessary documents available when completing your rental contract.
- Vehicle pickup and drop off at Faro airport between 20:00 and 8:30 (19:00 and 9:00 at Lisbon airport) are subject to a € 30.00 surcharge. One of our representatives will meet you at the airport's meeting desk.
- Deliveries to hotels, villas or other accommodations are only possible between 9:00 and 19:00.
- If you collect your car rental in the Algarve and return it in Lisbon (or vice-versa), there will be an extra charge of € 450. This charge will already be included in the booking price.
- When cars are returned excessively dirty, a € 75.00 cleaning fee will be charged.
- Free mileage for bookings with more than 7 days rental.
- Our Petrol Policy is SAME to SAME. This means you should return the car with the same amount of fuel the car was received. If you pick up the car with a half tank, you should also return it with a half tank. If the car was delivered with a full tank, you must also return the car with a full tank.
- Except in the case of a previous purchase of the Insurance for Spain (which only allows the car to go until Seville), the car can only be driven inside Portugal. In case of crossing the border without authorization, the insurance will be invalidated and the lead driver will be fully responsible for all new damages.
- Late night arrivals - The last plane of the day lands at Faro airport at 23:35. In case of delays, our representative will wait for the flight until 1:00 am at most. No information is available whenever a plane is delayed after this time, making it impossible for us to stay. In these extreme cases, clients should seek compensation from the airline, according to EU laws.
- We require a valid credit/debit card deposit (only Visa or MasterCard) for security reasons. Cheques or cash are not accepted. The credit/debit card deposit will be fully refundable when the car is returned without any damage or loss. PLEASE NOTE: Without a valid credit/debit card deposit, no rental car can be delivered.
- In the event of an accident, the excess amount of your vehicle will be charged. These are the excess amounts:
- Groups A, A1, B, and C - Euro 1,250.00;
- Groups C2, D, E and F - Euro 2,000.00;
- Other Groups - Euro 3,500.00.
- For clients that are looking to enjoy the ultimate peace of mind, we recommend them to purchase both the Super CDW (Excess Waiver) and the Super Plus Insurance. These items will provide not only zero excess, but will also make the required deposit drop to only:
- Groups A, A1, B and C - € 350.00
- Groups C2, D, E and F - € 550.00
- Other groups - € 950.00
- Unlike car brokers, we will do insurance claims, not you.
- When making a reservation for pick up and return at the airport (Faro or Lisbon), your arrival flight number/time and return flight number/time will have to be provided.
- When making a reservation for delivery outside the airport, we will need the following items to be provided:
- Hotel name/address or
- Accommodation address and GPS coordinates (Google map location link)
- Deliveries outside the airport will require clients to call our contact numbers at least 2 hours before the delivery time to confirm the arrival/booking.
- When completing the reservation form, please confirm that your email address is correct and spelt properly. Without a valid email address, we are unable to reply to you.
- Reservations must be submitted no less than 72 hours before your arrival in Portugal to guarantee a positive availability confirmation.
- One baby/child seat is available free of charge upon request. Please mention your need for a child seat within the reservation form to guarantee availability.
- Each car may have two named drivers. Adding a third driver requires a € 20.00 charge. LONG-TERM CAR RENTALS IN PORTUGAL
LONG TERM CAR RENTALS IN PORTUGAL
Unfortunately, legal boundaries prevent us from issuing rental contracts for longer than 30 days. Therefore, long-term rentals will be broken into 30 days periods, that should match each rental contract, covering the whole rental period.
At the end of each contract period, you will have to go to our office in Alvor or to Faro airport to sign a new rental contract, as well as pay for it and provide us with its respective credit card security deposit.
Our prices are not the same for every date. Therefore, the price for each period is not always going to be proportional to the total price of the whole period. However, the sum of the prices of all periods will match the total price of your original booking and will be final.
HOW TO COLLECT YOUR CAR
At Faro Airport:
- You should find and meet the representative of YOR CAR HIRE ALGARVE. Our representatives wait for the clients at our new meeting point at the airport CAR PARK 4, located around 100m from the arrivals gate.
- On leaving the front of the terminal building please continue UNTIL THE END OF TERMINAL BUILDING and the car park 4 it is in front of you just across the road, about 100 meters from the terminal building. If you have a trolley you may wish to follow the road to your right around the edge of the car park.
- Phone numbers, if needed are: +351 969 787 039, +351 969 777 854, +351 962 192 529 or +351 967 779 347.
- There is a public phone near the arrivals area.
- At Lisbon Airport:
- Our partner company in Lisbon is Ausocar.
- Look for a representative agent of Ausocar at the Lisbon Airport car hire greeting area.
- In case of not finding the Ausocar representative agent, please call one of the following numbers: +351 21 7815750, +351 91 7304503, +351 91 7344124 or +351 91 6144707.
PRICE AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- One rental day is equal to 24 hours. Any fraction of time beyond 24 hours is considered as an additional rental day.
- The car hire prices quoted on this site are our best rates. Further discounts cannot be granted.
- Rates for 3 days are 50% of the 7-day rates.
- Rates more than 3 and less than 7 days are based on the 6 day pro-rata;
- Rates for rentals of more than 3 days and less than 7 days are based on the 6-day pro-rata.
- Rates for car rentals of more than 7 days are based on the 7-day pro-rata.
- Full payment is required upon signing the rental agreement. Payment must be made with a valid credit/debit card (Visa/Mastercard) or in cash (including foreign currencies).
- Foreign cheques cannot be accepted.
- Our standard reservation (without any options) includes:
- Free unlimited mileage only within Portugal (for bookings with at least 7 days rental)
- Collision damage waiver (CDW) with excess
- Theft liability coverage
- Third-party liability coverage
- Delivery and return to the airport
- One additional driver
- 1 Free Baby/child seat
- Value-added tax (VAT)
- Available as optional extras are:
- Super CDW (Excess waiver) - When purchased, it waives your liability to pay for an eventual excess, which means your excess is zero. However, you are still required to provide us with a credit card deposit, as a security measure. In this case, even if you have an accident or need to claim the insurance for any reason, the deposit would still be cancelled at the end of the rental period (as long as you follow your obligations stated in these terms and conditions).
- Super Plus Insurance (SPI) - Covers damages to windows, tires and locks, which are normally not coved. It also reduces the security deposit required from 50 to 70%.
- Personal accident insurance for passengers (PAI)
- Third driver/additional drivers (€ 20.00 each)
- Insurance for driving in Spain. The optional cross border insurance for Spain only provides roadside assistance up to Seville City from the Portuguese border town of Vila Real de Santo Antonio. Seville city is good to go!
- There will be a 59 minute grace period for the return of all vehicles. If the car is returned after this time the insurance will no longer be valid and the customer will have to pay the late penalty fee + the daily rate.
- Fuel Options: Like for like When you pick your car up, the fuel tank will be like for like.
- Refuelling charge. If you return your car with less fuel than it had when you picked it up, the car hire company will keep some or all of your deposit to cover the missing fuel. This will cost you more than you would pay to refill the tank yourself. Less than ¼ fuel tank will cost from € 40 to € 175 (without VAT). As well as the cost of the fuel itself, an extra, non-refundable, fuel service charge of between € 25 and € 75 will be charged (without taxes).
- The regular insurance package (without SCDW and SPI) includes:
- Collision damage waiver (CDW) with excess
- Theft liability coverage
- Third-party liability coverage
- The regular insurance package (without SCDW and SPI) does not cover:
- Damages to the wheels, tires, windows and locks. These items are only covered when the SPI (Super Plus Insurance) is purchased.
- Even the most comprehensive insurance package (including SCDW and SPI) will not cover:
- Damages inside the car
- Damages sustained to the underside of the car due to negligent or off-road use.
- Damages from deliberate violation of the terms and conditions of the rental agreement or gross negligence
- Accidents caused by over speeding
- Accidents not involving another vehicle or caused by the negligence of the driver (e.g. denting the car while parking in a private place, reversing in private parking, driving on the wrong side of the road or motorway, driving the car into the water, etc.)
- Damages sustained while the driver was under influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of narcotic or medical substances
- Lost keys. If you lose your key(s), you will be charged the cost of replacement
- In case of accident or damage to the rental car when the driver does not present a negligence onus of proof
- If you are involved in an accident; and the car "Rolls Over" onto the roof, or sustain a total loss of car damage; you may be asked to pay an additional fee on top of the excess amount.
- The driver is required to not drive the car outside the Portuguese territory (except in the case of purchasing the optional Insurance for Spain, allowing the car to go until Seville).
- If you wish to take the Vehicle outside the country of rental, you must check that the YOR Car Hire-AR VI Terms & Conditions so permit you and, where necessary, obtain Yor car hire a prior written consent.
- The Vehicle must not be driven by anyone other than the named drivers on the rental contract and, only when under the condition that your ability to drive is not in any way impaired by mental or physical incapacity or restricted by the Law.
- Accident or Breakdown - In the event of a breakdown, accident or mechanical difficulties, the lead driver must call the car hire company immediately. They must give authority for repairs or replacement cars. Please keep copies of all documentation you are asked to complete. This may be needed if you wish to make a claim.
- The lead driver must provide us with a police report (Auto De Ocorrencia), with costs paid by the driver, as we will require this document. This document is mandatory, no matter the circumstances of the accident/damage to the car. If the car sustains any damage for any reason and the driver does not provide us with the police report, the insurance will not cover any loss.
- Some restrictions may apply with respect to:
- Loading the vehicle on trains, boats, ferries or similar means of transportation
- Taking the vehicle from the mainland onto an island;
- Taking certain types of vehicles across borders.
- The driver must take care of the vehicle, keep it in good condition, pay any fines for which he may be liable, reimburse YOR Car Hire-ARVI for any damage to the Vehicle, and refund YOR Car Hire-ARVI for any costs it incurs.
- The driver is liable for all fees, taxes, fines and penalties incurred in connection with the use of the Vehicle and for which YOR Car Hire-ARVI is charged unless they have arisen through the fault of YOR Car Hire-ARVI.
- YOR Car Hire-ARVI will apply Administration charges for the answer to fines
- During the rental period, the driver must carry out the usual checks (engine oil level, tire pressure, etc.) as would any careful user and you must respect the maintenance cycle of the vehicle, as stated in the maintenance guide, if any.
- When parking the Vehicle, even for a short period, the driver must lock it and make use of the Vehicle's alarm and/or immobilisation equipment, whenever they are present.
- The driver must never leave the Vehicle unoccupied with the keys in the ignition.
- The car keys must be returned at the end of the rental. Non-return of the keys will lead to invalidation of the theft cover.
- The driver undertakes to use the Vehicle in a responsible manner and in particular, only for the purposes for which it is intended. For a car, this means primarily carrying passengers other than for hire and reward.
- In particular, the driver must not use the Vehicle under any of the following conditions or for any of the following purposes:
- Driving the Vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of narcotic substances
- Transportation of inflammable or dangerous goods, as well as toxic, corrosive, radioactive or other harmful substances
- Carrying anything which, because of its smell or condition, harms the Vehicle or causes YOR Car Hire-ARVI to lose time or money before it can rent the Vehicle again
- Transportation of live animals (with the exception of domestic pets, subject to prior authorisation by YOR Car Hire-ARVI)
- Transport luggage or similar on a roof rack, luggage carrier or similar, unless supplied by YOR Car Hire-ARVI
- Re-rental to or use by other persons
- Carrying passengers for hire or reward
- Participating in rallies, competitions or trials, wherever they may take place
- Giving driving lessons
- Pushing or towing another vehicle (except those vehicles equipped by YOR Car Hire-ARVI with a towing-hook; maximum load 1,000 kg), or exceeding the authorised load weight.
- Travelling on non-paved roads or on roads, the surface or state of repair of which could put the vehicle's wheels, tyres or its under body mechanics at risk
- Iintentionally committing any offence.
- None of the goods and baggage carried in the Vehicle, including their packing and stowage equipment, will be permitted to damage the Vehicle, nor put the occupants abnormally at risk
- Use the car in any way which breaks the highway Code, road traffic laws or any other laws
- The driver will be liable for any offence committed during the rental period which relates in any way to your use of the Vehicle as if you were the owner of the Vehicle. Upon the request of the Police or any official body YOR Car Hire-ARVI may have to transfer your personal data. Such transfer will be done in accordance with the data protection Laws of Portugal.
- The lessen agrees not to use the vehicle to transport passengers or goods under any kind of commercial business, whether individual or corporate (Uber, taxi, transfers, travel packages, catering, deliveries of any kind, etc). Sublease of the car to third-parties without our consent are also strictly prohibited.
Yorcar hire-Powered by AR VI reserves the right to alter or change the conditions on our webpage, confirmation email or cancellations, without prior notice.
THEREFORE, IN ANY CASE, NEITHER YOR CAR HIRE-ARVI NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES WILL BE LIABLE TO THE CONTRACTING PARTY FOR ANY AMOUNTS NOR FOR ANY ACTIONS, LAWSUITS OR CLAIMS RELATED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE DAMAGES (SUCH AS LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFIT) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE RENTAL OR THE USE OF ANY VEHICLE WHETHER THE ACTION IS BASED ON CONTRACT OR IN TORT. YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD YOR CAR HIRE-ARVI HARMLESS FROM ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF THE RENTAL AND/OR THE USE OF THE VEHICLE.